Friday, January 2, 2009

The Envelope Please...

Welcome to what will be the most ambitious blog project I've ever undertaken. Like the description says, the plan is to watch every single Best Picture nominee since the first Academy Awards in 1929. That first ceremony gave awards for films released between August 1927 and July 1928. Even the most mathematically-challenged will realize there are a lot of films to see.

Over time I've realized that I've seen a lot of movies, but despite seeing a number of classics over the years, I'm very much ignorant about a large measure of film history. This project's aim is to both entertain and educate. Hopefully you'll take this journey with me and I look forward to the conversations that will likely ensue. If you click on my profile, you'll notice my name is not Roger Ebert or Robert Osborne. I'm no film scholar; just a regular guy who likes movies.

The plan is to update this blog every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Sometimes, the updates will happen more frequently when time permits. I wish all of you a terrific weekend and hope to see you Monday for Seventh Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. A worthy project! Watching every winner would be big enough, but every nominee? That should keep you busy for a while!

    Good luck and I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete